Thursday, June 14, 2007

Telling A Guy You Are Lesbian Won't Make Him Stop Pestering You

As what the title says, telling the male of the species who is absolutely hell-bent on taking you out that you are lesbian WILL NOT stop him from pursuing your ass and pestering you day in and out.
I had so many people call me, even at unholy hours of the night.
I have had my old cellphone number for years now and I cannot remember all the people whom I have given this number to.
Some people who managed to get my number have also passed it around like it was a bottle of ketchup on the picnic grounds.

*Assholes!*

There are days that I am bombarded with text messages and calls that I no longer bother to check my cellphone immediately just to see who it was who called or texted.

It just gets too annoying!

Now there are these guys who just don't understand the meaning of the word NO.
Its really a simple word composed of two letters. Its one of the first words we hear and pronounce as babies.
Yet the meaning of this word somehow just escapes the mind of the general populace.
Let us look at definition of said word in the dictionary.

adv.
  1. Used to express refusal, denial, disbelief, emphasis, or disagreement: No, I'm not going. No, you're wrong.
  2. Not at all; not by any degree. Often used with the comparative: no better; no more.
  3. Not: whether or no.
n., pl. noes
  1. A negative response; a denial or refusal: The proposal produced only noes.
  2. A negative vote or voter.
interj.

Used to express strong refusal, doubt, or disbelief.

[Middle English, from Old English : ne, not + ā, ever.]

no2
adj.
  1. Not any; not one; not a: No cookies are left.
  2. Not at all; not close to being: He is no child.
  3. Hardly any: got there in no time flat. See Usage Note at nor.
See, its so simple yet why is it so complex to most?

This guy has been asking me out for almost a year now and I have refused so many times.
So when I was out with my friend days ago, he kept calling and texting me asking if we could just have a movie or dinner date.
I don't meet with random people. I am also wary if a stranger keeps pestering me to go out and then offer to foot the bill. I just ask myself one question, what do they want in return?
So this guy was calling and texting and my friend finally grew tired of it.
She asked me, who the hell he was.
So I told her the whole story and she said philosophically, "Just tell him you are into lesbians and you are out on a date with your lesbian lover. That should solve your problem"
I was amused with her reply. I thought she was just kidding and going crazy.
It sounded so crazy to me that it was something I thought might just work.
I tried to reason and say "What if he calls just to verify?"
She nonchalantly said, "Don't worry I'm here I will be the one answering it."
So out of desperation, curiosity and mischief I gave into the plan.

One thing I have learned from that though is;
One, there are just some people who refuse to take no for answer. *No brainer actually*
Two, never take "philosophical" advice from someone who is loaded on mocha frappe and cheesecake. It does something to your brain and stomach. Seriously!

We were still chuckling our hearts out when minutes later Mr. Can't-take-NO-for-an-answer called. He and my friend had a talk while I was cowering in embarrassment and amusement on the chair I was sitting on.

He still keeps texting and calling me.
But the only difference is, now he thinks I am a lesbian and the only reason why I won't go out with him is because well I am into girls.
Yet, that *knowledge* does not stop this amorous one from trying.
There is just no stopping a determined man, is there?

P.S. I am not lesbian by the way. I am straight as a ruler. So don't have any other ideas now.

No comments: