Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day Papa

To the man who held my hand and taught me how to walk. Thank you.
To the man who dried my tears when I cried, and told me to be strong. Thank you.
To the man who taught me how to fight and punch, even though I am girl. Thank you.
To the man who encouraged me to be free, be everything I want to be. Thank you.
To the man who made me appreciate the Bisaya language, and explained things to me. Thank you.
To the man who gave me everything and providing for us with the best he could offer. Thank you.
To the man who spoiled me rotten and made me his little "princess". Thank you.
To the man who loved my mom dearly. Thank you.
To the man whom I owe everything but never asked for anything in return. Thank you.
To the man who made me, ME. Thank you.

For all those times I left it unsaid...

Papa, thank you!

You were always patient with me even during my rebellious teenage years.
You always said all you wanted was to see me "happy" and not once did you ever doubt me and my capabilities.

There were never any "Good-byes" between us. You never said you'd leave. Now, all I do is carry your memories within me. Your memories that keep me going as I tread through life.

You'd always live in my heart. There's a special place you hold dearly.

Papa there isn't a day that goes by without me not missing you.

I will always celebrate "Father's Day" because I was lucky to have had you.

No comments: