Sunday, March 08, 2015

Parenting: Some People Need To Be Castrated

I started working in a call center about a month ago. You see, after seven years of being a freelancer, I thought a change of environment and an opportunity to network and build contacts once again is necessary. So I signed up for a seasonal account selling goodies on the phone and helping people make choices on what gift to send. What I like about this is that for a short time I get to socialize with people and also get to talk to different individuals on the telephone. Years of being a freelancer and concentrating on mainly codes and programs can get isolating. This short change was a welcome one.

But there are a few instances while on the telephone that I am reminded why I quit the call center industry in the past and why I detest most people and hold the opinion that many do not deserve to have kids. Some of these people should have no right to have children nor be allowed to pass their genes (and stupidity) in any way possible as they have the personality of a mega bitch and fucking dickwad and will most probably raise little monsters that grow up to be psychotic morons that populate our precious planet.

Case in point. I received a phone call and the prompt was supposed to be a sales call. While saying my opening spiel, this guy immediately interrupted me and asked "So shut up for a bit, are you a call center agent?" in my mind I was saying, "Well, duh, sir. I'm actually a Power Ranger but this time I'm just taking calls."

I just said, "Yes" and then he immediately said, "Wait a minute. I want you to talk to my little daughter because I want her to know how you sound like."

Image found on the net. Does not represent the actual caller nor his daughter.
Just so you dear readers know, you get all sorts of requests on the telephone which borders from the ho-hum to the bizarre. This one didn't sound bad at all so I said, "Sure sir!" and patiently waited on the phone for his daughter.

Then all of a sudden a sweet, young voice of a child probably four or five chimed in on the other end and she said "Hello!" in a very bubbly voice. Wanting to make a good impression on the child, I said "Hi there!" in my most friendly, perky manner. Then I heard the father saying, "Give me the telephone now, you heard her. See, that's how a loser sounds like." Then I heard the father on the line again saying, "I just wanted my daughter to hear what a loser sounds like." then he hung up.

This incident, although just short and could easily be dismissed as something harmless, made me think for quite some time. Did that moron of a father actually thought that he was setting a fine example for his daughter? Instead of raising his child to be a well-rounded, respectful, and kind individual he has set an example that it is fine to look down on another human being. He set the example that just because someone sounds different on the telephone or probably doing a job which he thinks is beneath him, then it is already fine to berate an individual. Thank you gentleman for teaching your daughter to be an entitled person who looks down on their fellow human being who is just trying to earn their keep doing a decent job, sir. I can only hope that when your daughter grows up, she will realize what a pathetic thing you did and would turn out to be a better individual.

This also made me appreciate my father even more and miss him so much. Even though he was a poor man who grew up in a third world country, he would also remind us that all people need to be respected. He was the man who taught me to stand up for myself and be strong. He never tolerated when we would act like snotty brats and would always take the time to talk to my brother and I whenever he can. Thank you papa for your life lessons.

As for the moron who did that "prank" and was probably proud of himself for having pulled a "smart one". Give yourself a pat on the back sir. This might be your biggest life achievement of all. *claps*

No comments: