Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Get Back Up!

Grandpa Chris linked this video to me in my FaceBook account and when I saw it I really can't describe how I felt.

I was touched by this man's spirit. Despite his deformity he has managed to do things so many ordinary, normal people take for granted. He didn't use his malady as a reason to wallow in self-pity and let his life go to waste. He is indeed an inspiration to all.
I can't help but admire him.

Yet as I watched the video I also felt ashamed of myself. Here I am, thinking my life is shit because most things are not going my way, bemoaning the fact that I'm scoliotic I'll never be normal, I'm not going anywhere blah, blah, blah and here's this guy who seems to be carrying more on his shoulders without the aide of limbs and yet he was able to carry the load, not thinking it's a burden.
I too have my own deformities and maladies but I must say it's not as severe as his yet he views life more positively than I do.

At around 8 or so I too contemplated suicide because like him I felt hopeless, broken and alone.
To find the words to describe that dark time in my life is impossible. But I'm so happy that my nefarious plan didn't push through and I'm alive today. I'm slowly building my life and trying my best to make something out of it. And I'm getting somewhere, with the help of the people I love and who loves me.

Here's the video of Nick Vujicic. I hope you will also be inspired.

1 comment:

HolyJuan said...

That was good stuff.